Sunday, April 26, 2009

The world is waking


As it happens every spring, life awakens and comes out or in some cases north. It is an exciting time where the gray and cold of winter is brushed aside and warmth and sun
bathes the earth. In most cases this is a nice and gradual flow, starting at the beginning of March and ending beginning of April. However in Michigan here it seems
to not follow the norm. One week it could be sunny and
warm and then go back to snow storms and frost. I don't quite understand it but then I guess I probably never will. Aside from that the animals still do decide to come out and make the world more exciting. It also happens that I got some new
camera gear around the same time that spring was happening. This meant that I had to use it and capture what life was roaming about. These pictures are form two different shoots. One was around easter on a walk with my dad around Reeds Lake and the other was at Calvin's
nature preserve. Both are great places to take walks and apparently see wildlife. I was surprised at how many turtles I found in such a short walk. I did love
the quality of the new lens and the way worked (70-200mm), but it did add some weight to the walk. The surprise of the walk was most hands down the snake and was also the hardest to shoot. It wanted to move around and I wanted it to stop and pose. Needless to say it won and just went on it's way ignoring me. I did find that in these walks I am a fan reflections on the water and really just how dynamic water can be in an image.


No comments:

Post a Comment