Monday, May 11, 2009

Greg and Anna


I have found that I love taking pictures and I love editing pictures but I also have found that trying to manage a house, wife, bills, and on top learning a new program tends to slow the process down. So a little over due but well worth it are my new pictures. This set is of two people from home. Shot early in the morning on a beautiful day. My props go out to Aaron my assistant. Without his help the day wouldn't have gone nearly as well, and I wouldn't have got most of the shots I did. Thanks.

As you can see they came all dressed up for the first outfit. Matching quite well and feeling like I jumped back a few decades. Along with them also came their dog. I was a little hesitant on the dog because you never quite know how an animal will react to flash and cameras, however I think that colder morning affected him more than the camera.

Being that it was early in the morning I was pleased at how well they worked with me to get the right shots. I happened to be a little tired after being on the road for 10 hours the night before and getting in after 1:00am.



The location was Grove City College. There are many different locations at the college that would make for good pictures. It is a more historically looking college with stone buildings and arch bridges. I chose the bridge area for a lot of the pictures that I took. Down by the bridge there was a white gazebo that proved useful in two of the three shoots that day. It was a little disappointing that the trees proved to be poor background as far as color. Brown is just not that attractive of a background. For the next outfit we went up on campus and that proved to give a little more light and the green grass made for a more interesting background.

Overall I had a lot of fun with them and it proved to be a great experience to experiment with some different things. Also I was able to try some new editing ideas for some less traditional pictures. Such as this last pictures which I think would be great if it was printed large on a canvas material.

No comments:

Post a Comment