Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wife and I


Living in Michigan has it's perks and downers. One of the perks is....ok so I might have to think about that one for a little. But one of the downers for sure is that the winter seems to last forever. Being that it is starting April and they have called for snow is just proof of that. Yet, not all is gloom and doom. On a very special day in March the sun was shining and the weather was bright. This day happened to be the anniversary weekend of my wedding to my beautiful wife. I find that as time goes she just continues to get more beautiful. So on this day to celebrate the beauty of good weather (and my wife) we went on a photoshoot in downtown Grand Rapids.




Setting out to explore down by the river for good photography spots. Bridges and a park make great backgrounds. Really anything that might be fun and different. The fence by the Gerald Ford Museum added a fixed prop to the pictures.









I also got the chance to use my 50mm prime for the shoot. This was the first time that I really had taken some portraits with it. The 1.8 aperture helped to create some fun depth of field pictures. Although I had to be careful where it focused. If I was focused on her hat then her eyes would not be in focus.


I know that I have said that I didn't like Michigan but it is not all that bad. I have taken great sunset pictures at the lake. But I do miss the rolling hills and winding roads of PA.


Also I have to give credit to my wife who took the pictures of me. Although of the two of us she is the prettier one.

2 comments: